Roasted Mushrooms with Onion, Garlic, and Rosemary Recipe
- 15 ounces King Oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 5 to 8 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 sprigs rosemary, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and place mushrooms on it. Set aside.
- In blender, combine grated garlic, onion, 1 sprig rosemary (remove stem), red wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend until mixed, but not smooth. You should be able to see pieces of onion in the mixture.
- Spread mixture over the sliced (1/4 inch) mushrooms and use your hands to evenly coat. Sprinkle salt and pepper; place the other rosemary sprig across mushrooms. Fold foil over mushrooms to create an envelope and poke a few holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig before serving.
- This dish would be great as a side to rice or placed in pasta or served as an appetizer. This dish has lots of flavor. If you don’t like sharp tastes, lessen amount of garlic and/or onion. You can use whatever mushrooms you like; simply adjust baking time on size of mushrooms.